We are looking for a kitchen assistant for general food preparation and delivery across out three school sites in Wakefield. You will have experience and basic knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation skills.
About the School
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for children with a wide range of needs in 3 sites across Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
We have a team of fantastic multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to ﬁnd creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development to make a positive life changing difference to our students.
About the Role
We are looking for a kitchen assistant to assist with general food preparation and lunch delivery across our three school sites in Wakefield to start September 2019. The successful candidate will be responsible for food preparation and supporting the cook where required with designing the menus and ensuring food allergies/intolerances are considered.
The kitchen assistant will be responsible for delivering lunches at the other sites and support one site with serving, before helping clean up and driving back to the main site will all the equipment.
This role is a term-time only (39weeks) 9am to 2.30pm (27.5 hours), Monday to Friday.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have experience and basic knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation skills. The successful candidate must hold a full clean UK driving licence in order to deliver the food across the sites daily.
Due to the environment, the successful candidate will be comfortable and understand the challenges when working in a special educational needs environment.
- To assist the cook in general food preparation
- To help to maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in all catering and dining areas across the three sites
- To serve pupils lunch at one of the sites ensuring that all food safety regulations are met
- To transport lunches as expediently as possible
- To ensure that any food allergies and/or intolerances are catered for
Essential Skills and Competencies
- A full clean driving licence
- Experience of working in a catering environment would be preferable
- A clean and efficient approach to work
- Ability to work under own initiative on occasion.
- Understanding of the challenges of working in a special educational needs environment.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please complete the application form in full including your employment history with no gaps in employment, from the age of sixteen onwards.
Deadline for applications: 28.06.19
Interviews will be week commencing 08.07.19